Our governance group establishes DPA priorities from membership feedback.
Our governance group (called the National Executive Committee – NEC) and our management team work to support DPA as an organisation, and action DPA decisions nationally.
The NEC meets regularly to form DPA policy from the collected views of DPA members and it recommends actions for the management team.
Our management team builds relationships within the sector, makes submissions etc.
Our management team (called the National Secretariat) work from Wellington where they do a wide variety of tasks.
- develops relationships with government officials, politicians and journalists
- attends working groups to give DPA member feedback
- acts as an administration hub
- is an information source for members, via our library and website
- has resources to write submissions, funding proposals, papers and media releases
- is a liaison point for local regions, and
- does external and internal national communications for DPA.